...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Thursday, December 01, 2022

O Lord God

Psalm 119 consists of 176 verses,
verses 57-64 are given below:

Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words. I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to thy word. I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments. The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law. At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments, I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that keep thy precepts. The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.-Psalm 119:57-62

Reference Information:
bands = heble = chebel = cords, rope

portion = helqi = chele1/chalaq = allotment, inheritance, territory

robbed = iwweduni = uwd = bound, encompass, repeat

Reference Scriptures:
Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.-Psalm 119:41

The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy precepts.-Psalm 119:110

I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy statutes.-Psalm 119:145

I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.-Psalm 142:5

The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.-Lamentations 3:24

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,-Luke 3:23...Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.-Luke 3:38

Click the link below to read more posts in this category: