Psalm 116 consists of 19 verses,
verses 12-19 are given below
What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds. I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. In the courts of the LORD's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.-Psalm 116:12-19
Reference Information
render = asib = shub = return, turn back
Reference Scriptures
And Moses spake unto the heads of the tribes concerning the children of Israel, saying, This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded. If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.-Psalm 30:1-2
When thou shalt vow a vow unto the LORD thy God, thou shalt not slack to pay it: for the LORD thy God will surely require it of thee; and it would be sin in thee.-Deuteronomy 23:21
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:-Psalm 50:14
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.-Psalm 61:1...For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.-Psalm 61:5...So will I sing praise unto thy name for ever, that I may daily perform my vows.-Psalm 61:8
O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:-Psalm 66:8...For thou, O God, hast proved us, thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.-Psalm 66:10.. I will go into thy house with burnt offerings: I will pay thee my vows, Which my lips have uttered, and my mouth hath spoken, when I was in trouble.-Psalm 66:14
Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.-Psalm 68:19
Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.-Psalm 76:11
Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who health all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisifieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.-Psalm 103:1-6
When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay.-Ecclesiastes 5:4-5
And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,-Luke 3:23...Which was the son of Jacob, which was the of of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,-Luke 3:34...Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.-Luke 3:38
Click the link below to read more posts in this category: