...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Thursday, October 19, 2023

A Prayer Request

The Lord God reveals a message to Jeremiah the prophet,
and Jeremiah prays to the Lord God:

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.-Jeremiah 17:9-11

A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary. O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.-Jeremiah 17:12-14

Behold, they say unto me, Where is the word of the LORD? let it come now. As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee. Be not a terror unto me: thou art my hope in the day of evil. Let them be confounded that persecute me, but let not me be confounded: let them be dismayed, but let not me be dismayed: bring upon them the day of evil, and destroy them with double destruction.-Jeremiah 17:15-18

Reference Scriptures:
Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.-Psalm 35:1...Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.-Psalm 35:4...Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour that magnify themselves against me.-Psalm 35:26

Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.-Psalm 62:12

Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.. Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.-Isaiah 3:10-11

Then Hananiah the prophet took the yoke from off the prophet Jeremiah's neck, and brake it.-Jeremiah 28:20...Then said the prophet Jeremiah unto Hananiah the prophet, Hear now, Hananiah; The LORD hath not sent thee; but thou makest this people to trust in a lie. Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will cast thee from off the face of the earth: this year thou shalt die, because thou hast taught rebellion against the LORD. So Hananiah the prophet died the same year in the seventh month.-Jeremiah 28:15-17

Ah Lord GOD!  behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:-Jeremiah 32:17...Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for tine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:-Jeremiah 32:19

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.-Matthew 16:24... For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.-Matthew 16:27

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,-Luke 3:23...Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.-Luke 3:38

Click the link below to read more posts in this category: