...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Monday, April 04, 2022

The Time

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood. And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.-Revelation 1:1-8***The divinely inspired Scriptures of the Holy Bible reveal that over 2,000 years ago, Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, a virgin, and Jesus was born into the  tribe of Judah to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin. Jesus is the Word. Before Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit in Mary's womb, Jesus, the Word, was in the beginning with his Father, the Lord God in heaven, the Creator of the heavens and the earth. Through Jesus all things came into being and in Jesus were created all things in the heavens and upon the earth. Angels  have given messages from the Lord God to specific people. The seven churches were in Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamos, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. Approximately 30 years after Jesus was born to Joseph and Mary, Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by Mary's relative John the Baptist, from the tribe of Levi. Jesus having prayed, the heavens tearing open, the Holy Spirit descended as a dove and lit upon Jesus. The Lord God in heaven audibly acknowledged his Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert wilderness. Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights and was tempted. Afterwards, Jesus was tended to by angels, and Jesus went to the area near John the Baptist, and John the Baptist proclaimed Jesus to be the Lamb of God taking away the sin of the world. In Galilee, Jesus told specific Israelite men to follow him, and Jesus began to preach, teach and perform miracles among the Israelites, the treasured and chosen people of the Lord God. The divinely inspired writer of the Book of Revelation in the Holy Bible is widely regarded to be John, the disciple and apostle of Jesus the Christ. Before Jesus was betrayed, arrested, crucified, buried in a tomb, resurrected, seen by over 500 people, and returned to heaven less than 3 1/2 years after he was baptized, Jesus said:

-Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.-Matthew 10:34

-And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.-Matthew 24:4...Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the cloud of heaven with power and great glory.-Matthew 24:29-30

-When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.-Mark 2:17

-For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.-Mark 10:45

-And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:-Mark 13:5...And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.-Mark 13:26  

-The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.-Luke 4:18...And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.-Luke 4:21

-For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.-Luke 19:10

-Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:-Luke 21:10...And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.-Luke 21:27

-And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, seven the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.-John 3:13-17

-Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.-John 4:10...Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him  a well of water springing up into everlasting life.-John 4:13-14

-For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.-John 6:38

-I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.-John 6:51

-Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.-John 8:42

-And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.-John 9:39

-And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.-John 12:23-27

-I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, i judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.-John 12:46-47

-Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.-John 14:1...Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.-John 14:6

-I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.-John 16:28

-These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.-John 17:1-5...Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.-John 17:24 

-Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.-John 18:37

Reference Information:
begotten = prototokos = first-born, first among others, first in time

Reference Scriptures:
When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.-John 19:30...But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.-John 19:34

Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself:-Acts 26:1...That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.-Acts 26:23

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.-Colossians 1:12-18

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.-Revelation 3:1 

After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.-Revelation 4:1-2...And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.-Revelation 4:5

And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.-Revelation 5:1...And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.-Revelation 5:6

Click the link below to read more posts in this category: