...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The One and Only

A message given by the Lord God
to Isaiah the prophet:

But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee. Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life. Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears. Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth. Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?-Isaiah 43:1-13***Isaiah (Esaias) was an Israelite and a prophet of the Lord God. King Uzziah (Azariah) was the 9th king to rule Judah, the southern nation in the Promised Land. Uzziah's son Jotham was the 10th king, Jotham's son Ahaz was the 11th king, and Ahaz's son Hezekiah was the 12th king to rule Judah. When Uzziah reigned, and throughout the reigns of Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, Isaiah was proclaiming the words of the Lord God to the Israelites, the descendants of Abraham (Abram the Hebrew) and Sarah (Sarai), Isaac and Rebekah, and Isaac and Rebekah's youngest fraternal twin son Jacob (Israel). Isaiah volunteered to be sent by the Lord God, and Isaiah received revelations from the Lord God regarding the divine conception of Immanuel
Wonderful-Counselor-Mighty God-Everlasting Father-Prince of Peace, a Rod and Branch and Root of Jesse, and righteous ServantMoreover, Isaiah received revelations regarding the divine identity of the Lord God. Over 600 years after Hezekiah's son Manasseh became the 13th king to rule Judah, Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, was born. Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, a virgin, and Jesus was born into the tribe of Jacob's 4th born son Judah, the tribe of Judah's kings, to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin. After Jesus was born to Joseph and Mary, an angel of the Lord spoke to shepherds and proclaimed Jesus to be a Savior. Approximately 30 years after Jesus was born to Joseph and Mary, Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by Mary's relative John the Baptist, from the tribe of Jacob's 3rd born son Levi. Jesus having prayed, the heavens tearing open, the Holy Spirit descended as a dove and lit upon Jesus. The Lord God in heaven audibly acknowledged his Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert wilderness. Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights and was tempted. Afterwards, Jesus was tended to by angels, and Jesus went to the area near John the Baptist, and John the Baptist proclaimed Jesus to be the Lamb of God taking away the sin of the world. In Galilee, Jesus told specific Israelite men to follow him, and Jesus began to preach, teach and perform miracles among the Israelites, the treasured and chosen people of the Lord God. The divinely inspired Scriptures of the Holy Bible reveal that in Samaria, a group of Samaritans identified Jesus as the Savior of the world, and Jesus fulfilled words spoken by Isaiah, and spoke of the words proclaimed by Isaiah.-Genesis 1:1-4:26, 11:26-50:26, Exodus, Numbers 20:1-29, 27:12-23, Deuteronomy 31:1-30, 32:44-52, 34:1-12, Joshua 1:1-4:24, 23:1-24:33, Judges 1:1-2:23, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles 1:1-34, 2:1-17, 3:1-24, 10:1-29:30, 2 Chronicles, Isaiah, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts 1:1-26

Reference Information:
let = yesibennah = shub = turn back, return

Click the link below to read more posts in this category:

https://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-one-and-only.html