...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Yet and Still

Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, speaks to a group
of Israelites after speaking to some scribes and
Pharisees and a woman caught in the midst adultery:

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me. Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also. These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come. Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins:
 for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.-John 8:12-27***In the desert wilderness of Sinai, in the region of Mount Sinai, the Israelites heard the voice of the Lord God proclaim, out of the midst of the thick cloud, and thick darkness and fire, the Ten Commandments to them. The Israelites were afraid of the great fire and thought they were going to die if they continued to hear the voice of the Lord God. Thus, the Israelites told Moses to speak to them. The Lord God agreed to the request, and the Lord God began giving Moses judgments, statutes and laws for the Israelites, the treasured and chosen people of the Lord God. The Lord God commanded that if a man was keeping an animal for someone and the animal got torn to pieces, the keeper of the animal must bring the carcass for witness and no restitution would be required. When Moses and his fellow Israelites were near the Jordan River, across from Jericho, the Lord God gave Moses the command that a murderer must be put to death only on the testimony of more than 1 witness. Before Moses went upon Mount Nebo, and the Lord God showed Moses the Promised Land, and Moses died and was divinely buried, Moses recounted some of the history of the Israelites, life in Egypt and away from Egyptian slavery, their safety across the divinely parted Red Sea, and the 40-year journey through the desert wilderness. Moses  spoke to the Israelites of witnesses, death, iniquity, and sin. The Lord God told Moses to write down the song that the Lord God revealed to Moses and teach the song to the Israelites, that the song may be a witness for the Lord God against the Israelites. Moses and Joshua (Hoshea/Oshea), his assistant and successor, proclaimed the words of the song to the Israelites. Shortly thereafter, Joshua led the Israelites across the divinely parted Jordan River and onto the land that the Lord God promised to give to Abraham (Abram the Hebrew), and to Abraham's son Isaac, and to Isaac's youngest fraternal twin son Jacob (Israel), and to their descendants. When Joshua was elderly and preparing to die, Joshua told the Israelites to keep and do all the laws written in the Book of the Law of Moses. Joshua recounted some of the history of the Israelites, including the walk across the Jordan River and the experiences throughout Canaan, the Promised Land. Moreover, Joshua cut a covenant with the Israelites and wrote the words he spoke in the Book of the Law of God. Afterwards, Joshua took a large stone and placed it by the sanctuary of the Lord God and told the Israelites that the stone shall be for a witness to the Israelites. Over 300 years after Joshua died and was buried in his tribe's portion of the Promised Land, the Israelite elders demanded that Samuel, the priest, prophet and judge from the tribe of Jacob's 3rd born son Levi, the same tribe as Moses, appoint a king to govern them. The Lord God sent Samuel to anoint Saul, from the tribe of Jacob's 12th and last son Benjamin, to reign as king. Shortly thereafter, Samuel spoke to the Israelites and told them to witness against him before the Lord God. After the Israelites responded, Samuel told the Israelites that the Lord God is witness and his anointed (King Saul) is witness against them. Over 1,000 years after Samuel died and his body was buried in Ramah (Ramathaim Zophim), Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, was born. Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, a virgin, and Jesus was born into the tribe of Jacob's 4th born son Judah to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin. Approximately 30 years after Jesus was born to Joseph and Mary, Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by Mary's relative John the Baptist, from the tribe of Levi. Jesus having prayed, the heavens tearing open, the Holy Spirit descended as a dove and lit upon Jesus. The Lord God in heaven audibly acknowledged his Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert wilderness. Jesus fasted for 40 days and nights and was tempted. Afterwards, Jesus was tended to by angels, and Jesus went to the area near John the Baptist, and John the Baptist proclaimed Jesus to be the Lamb of God taking away the sin of the world. In Galilee, Jesus told specific Israelite men to follow him, and Jesus began to preach, teach and perform miracles among the Israelites. The divinely inspired Scriptures of the Holy Bible reveal that John the Baptist came as a witness that he might testify and witness concerning the Light, Jesus the Christ. In Jerusalem, in Judea, Jesus spoke regarding the witness of his Father, the Lord God in heaven, and the witness of John the Baptist, and the witness of the works that he did in the name of his Father, and Jesus answered a group of Pharisees.-Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers 20:1-29, 27:12-23, Deuteronomy 31:1-30, 32:44-52, 34:1-12, Joshua 1:1-4:24, 23:1-24:33, Judges 1:1-2:23, 1 Samuel 1:1-3:21, 8:1-31:13, 1 Chronicles 1:1-34, 2:1-17, 3:1-24, 6:1-81, 7:20-29, 8:1-40, 9:35-29:30, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts 1:1-26

Reference Scriptures:
Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me. Then they sought to take him: but no man laid hands on him, because his hour was not yet come.-John 7:28-30...Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me. Ye shall seek me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither ye cannot come.-John 7:33-34

Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.-John 9:3-6

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?-John 10:36 

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.-John 14:6-7

Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?-John 16:19...I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.-John 16:28

Click the link below to read more posts in this category: