...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Seems to Me


I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards: I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits: I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees: I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me: I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts. So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me. And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.-Ecclesiastes 2:4-11***David was an Israelite from the tribe of Judah, descended from Abraham (Abram the Hebrew) and Sarah (Sarai), Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob (Israel) and Leah, and Jacob and Leah's 4th born son Judah. Over a decade after David was born, the Lord God sent Samuel the priest, prophet and judge to anoint David to reign as king over the Israelites in the Promised Land. When David was 30 years old, he began to reign only over the tribe of Judah in the Promised Land. When David was 37 1/2 years old, he became the 2nd king to reign over all of the Israelites in the land that the Lord God promised to give to Abraham, and Isaac, and to Jacob, and their descendants. David brought the ark of the covenant of the Lord to the City of David and wanted to build a house for the Name of the Lord God. The Lord God sent Nathan the prophet to speak with David and let David know that David's son and successor would build the house. Solomon, the 2nd son born to David and Bathsheba, became the 3rd king to reign over all of the Israelites. The Lord God gave Solomon unparalleled wisdom and discernment. In Jerusalem, Solomon built the temple of the Lord. Moreover, Solomon built a palace, and a palace for the Egyptian princess he married, and a throne hall, the Hall of Justice, and ships, harps, lyres, gold shields, a throne of ivory and gold, numerous towns and cities throughout the kingdom, and a wall around Jerusalem. Solomon was the husband of 700 wives and was in relationships with 300 concubines. Hiram, king of Tyre, supplied Solomon with wood and workmen. The queen of Sheba brought Solomon gold, spices and jewels, and Solomon received valuables from a multitude of traders, officials, and foreign nations. Solomon is widely regarded to be the divinely inspired writer of the Book of Ecclesiastes in the Holy Bible. Over 900 years after Rehoboam, the son born to Solomon and Naamah, became the 4th king to reign over all of the Israelites, Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, was born. Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, a virgin, and Jesus was born into the tribe of Judah to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin.-Genesis 11:26-50:26, Exodus, Numbers 20:1-29, 27:12-23, Deuteronomy 31:1-30, 32:44-52, 34:1-12, Joshua 1:1-4:24, 23:1-24:33, Judges 1:1-2:23, 1 Samuel 1:1-3:21, 8:1-31:13, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings 1:1-14:31, 1 Chronicles 1:1-34, 2:1-17, 3:1-24, 10:1-29:30, 2 Chronicles 1:1-12:16, Ecclesiastes, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts 1:1-26

Reference Scripture:
The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.-Ecclesiastes 1:1

Click the link below to read more posts in this category:

http://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2015/08/seems-to-me.html