...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Oh Happy Days

From the response given by Job after his friend Bildad spoke
when Job was in the midst of suffering:

Moreover, Job continued his parable, and said, Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me; When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness; As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle; When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me; When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil; When I went out to the gate through the city, when I prepared my seat in the street! Then young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, and stood up. The princes refrained talking, and laid their hand on their mouth. The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth. When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me: Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame. I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out. And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil of of his teeth.-Job 29:1-17***Centuries before the apostle Paul (Saul) wrote a divinely inspired letter to believers in Colosse and described the type of garments that those who were living a new life in Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, should strip off and put on, Job, a man who only worshiped the Lord God, was suffering through a series of calamities. Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar, Job's friends, came to visit, grieve with and console Job. However, they also spoke accusingly to Job. During one of his responses, Job spoke of his previous, close relationship  with the Lord God. Job also spoke of the manner of respect he had always experienced and the benevolent actions he had steadily performed during the life he lived clothed in judgment and righteousness.-Genesis 1:1-4:26, 1:1-34, 2:1-17, 3:1-24, Job, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts 1:1-26, 6:1-8:4, 9:1-31, 11:19-28:31, Colossians

Click the link below to read more posts in this category:

http://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2016/11/oh-happy-days.html