...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Sunday, July 28, 2024

God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son

Jesus the Christ, the Son of God,
responds to a group of Israelites:

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.-John 8:34-47***The divinely inspired Scriptures of the Holy Bible reveal that at least 4,000 years ago Abraham (Abram the Hebrew), Sarah (Sarai), Nahor (Nachor), and Haran were born to Terah. When Abraham was 86 years old, Ishmael was born to Abraham and Hagar, Sarah's maidservant. When Abraham was 100 years old, Isaac was born to Abraham and 90-year-old Sarah. Fraternal twin sons Esau (Edom) and Jacob (Israel) were born to 60-year-old Isaac and his wife Rebekah, the grandniece of Abraham and Sarah. Decades after Esau and Jacob were born, Jacob was married to Leah and Rachel, the daughters of Rebekah's brother Laban the Syrian (Aramean). Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, and daughter Dinah were born to Jacob and Leah. Dan and Naphtali were born to Jacob and Bilhah, Rachel's maidservant. Gad and Asher were born to Jacob and Zilpah, Leah's maidservant. Joseph was the 1st son born to Jacob and Rachel. Approximately 1,900 years after Jacob and Rachel's 2nd and last son Benjamin was born near Bethlehem, and Rachel died, John the Baptist and Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, were born. John the Baptist was born into tribe of Levi to Zechariah (Zacharias) the priest and his wife Elizabeth (Elisabeth). Jesus the Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Elizabeth's relative Mary a virgin, and Jesus was born in Bethlehem into the tribe of Judah to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin. Approximately 30 years after John the Baptist and Jesus the Christ were born, Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by John the Baptist. Jesus having prayed, the heavens tearing open, the Holy Spirit descended as a dove and lit upon Jesus. The Lord God in heaven audibly acknowledged his Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert wilderness. Jesus fasted 40 days and nights and was tempted. Afterwards, Jesus was tended to by angels, and Jesus went to the area near John the Baptist and John the Baptist proclaimed Jesus to be the Lamb of God taking away the sin of the world. In Galilee, Jesus told specific Israelite men to follow him and Jesus began to preach, teach and perform miracles among the Israelites, the treasured and chosen people of the Lord God. Jesus taught that:

-Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.-Matthew 5:16...Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.-Matthew 5:43-45...Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.-Matthew 5:48

-Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.-Matthew 6:1...After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.-Matthew 6:9...For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:-Matthew 6:14...Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?-Matthew 6:26

-If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?-Matthew 7:11...Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.-Matthew 7:21

-Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before me, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.-Matthew 10:32-33

-And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.-Matthew 12:49-50

-When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?-Matthew 16:13...And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.-Matthew 16:17...For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.-Matthew 16:27

Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.-Matthew 18:10...Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.-Matthew 18:19-20...So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.-Matthew 18:35

-Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,-Matthew 23;1...But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.-Matthew 23:8-10

-And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.-Matthew 24:4-5...But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.-Matthew 24:36

-And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.-Mark 11:25-26

-And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.-Mark 13:5-6...But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.-Mark 13:32

-And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.-Luke 11:2...If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?-Luke 11:13

-The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.-John 4:25-26

-And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.-John 5:16

-Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.-John 5:19...And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.-John 5:37-38

Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.-John 6:29...Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life.-John 5:47-48...As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.-John 6:57

-After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.-John 7:1

-Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.-John 10:25...I and my Father are one.-John 10:30

-Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.-John 12:44...For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.-John 12:49-50

-Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.-John 14:10-11

-He that hateth me hateth my Father also.-John 15:23

-For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.-John 16:27-28

Reference Information:
convinceth = elenchei = elegcho/elegxo = to convict, expose, rebuke

Click the link below to read another post in this category: