Psalm 91
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.-Psalm 91:1-16/the complete psalm
Reference Scriptures
And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all. And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself. And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,-Genesis 14:18-22
Give ear, O Ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.-Deuteronomy 32:1...Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.-Deuteronomy 32:3...Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee. When the Most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the children of Israel.-Deuteronomy 32:7-8
Then said Boaz unto Ruth, Hearest thou not, my daughter? Go not to glean in another field, neither go from hence, but abide here fast by my maidens:-Ruth 2:8...The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.-Ruth 2:12
The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice.-2 Samuel 22:14
I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.-Psalm 7:17
I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.-Psalm 9:1-2
Hear the right, O LORD, attend unto my cry, give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.-Psalm 17:1...Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings-Psalm 17:8
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.-Psalm 18:6...He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.-Psalm 18:11
How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.-Psalm 36:7
O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph. For the LORD ,most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth.-Psalm 47:1-2
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:-Psalm 50:14
Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me. Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.-Psalm 56:1-2
Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me.-Psalm 57:1-2
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.-Psalm 61:1...I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.-Psalm 61:4
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;-Psalm 63:1...Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.-Psalm 63:7
They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law;-Psalm 78:10...And they sinned yet more against him by provoking the most High in the wilderness.-Psalm 78:17...Yet they tempted and provoked the most high God, and kept not his testimonies:-Psalm 78:56
Keep not thou silence, O God: hold not thy peace, and be not still, O God.-Psalm 83:1...That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.-Psalm 83:18
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,-Psalm 92:1-2...But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.-Psalm 92:8
Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!-Psalm 107:8...Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:-Psalm 107:11
Listen, O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far; The LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mention of my name. And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he had me;-Isaiah 49:1-2
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.-Daniel 3:16-17...Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, came forth of the midst of fire.-Daniel 3:26
O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom, and majesty, and glory, and honour:-Daniel 5:18...And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.-Daniel 5:21
But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.-Mark 5:6-7
When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.-Luke 8:28
And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,-Luke 3:23...Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,-Luke 3:34...Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.-Luke 3:38
And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying: The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.-Acts 16:16-17
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;-Hebrews 7:1-2
Click the link below to read more posts in this category:
http://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2016/09/not-at-all_30.html
http://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2016/09/not-at-all_30.html