...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. Romans 15:4 reveals : For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.-Romans 15:4 (KJV). In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Scriptures of the Holy Bible have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Lord God Himself

Psalm 18 consists of 50 verses,
verses 1-11 are given below

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.-Psalm 18:1-11***Over 800 years before David was born into the tribe of Judah in the Promised Land, Judah was born to Jacob (Israel) and his 1st wife Leah. Jacob and his older fraternal twin brother Esau (Edom) were born to 60-year-old Isaac and Rebekah. Isaac was born to 100-year-old Abraham (Abram the Hebrew) and 90-year-old Sarah (Sarai). Abraham and Sarah were born to Terah. Terah was the great-great-great-great-great-grandson of Arphaxad. Arphaxad was born to Shem, and Shem was born to Noah the ark builder. Noah was the great-grandson of Enoch, and Enoch was the great-great-great-grandson of Seth. Seth was born to Adam and Eve.  Adam was the 1st man. The Lord God created Adam. The Lord God formed Adam from the dust of the ground, and the Lord God made Adam's wife Eve, the mother of all living, after taking a part out of Adam. Over a decade after David was born, Samuel the priest, prophet and judge from the tribe of Jacob and Leah's 3rd born son Levi, anointed David to reign as king, according to the command of the Lord God. When  David was 30 years old, he began to reign only over the tribe of Judah in the Promised Land, the land that the Lord God promised to give to Abraham, and Isaac, and to Jacob, and their descendants.  When David was 37 1/2 years old, he became the 2nd king to rule over all of the Israelites. David was the divinely inspired writer of Psalm 18 and many other psalms. Before 70-year-old David died, he revealed that:

-The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; the God of my rock: in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.-2 Samuel 22:2b-3...When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;-2 Samuel 22:5...As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our GOD? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.-2 Samuel 22:31-33...He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for ever more.-2 Samuel 22:51

-I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.-Psalm 3:4

-Now know I that the LORD saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.-Psalm 20:6

-The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?-Psalm 27:1

-The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.-Psalm 28:7-8

-The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.-Psalm 34:15

-How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.-Psalm 36:7

-But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.-Psalm 37:39

-God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.-Psalm 46:1

-As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.-Psalm 55:16-17

-Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.-Psalm 62:1-2...He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence: I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.-Psalm 62:6-7   

-O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.-Psalm 140:7

-Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.-Psalm 144:1-2...I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee. It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword.-Psalm 144:9-10


Reference Information:
buckler = maginni/meginnah/magen= shield

prevented = qiddemuni/qadam/qedem = confronted, to come in front of, be in front of, or meet

Reference Scriptures:
The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof. Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.-Psalm 97:1-2

Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain: Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the winds:-Psalm 104:1-3

The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;-Matthew 1:1-2...And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;-Matthew 1:6...And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.-Matthew 1:16

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,-Luke 3:23...Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,-Luke 3:31...Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the of of Nachor,-Luke 3:34...Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.-Luke 3:38

Click the link below to read more posts in this category: