Psalm 51 consists of 19 verses,
verses 1-13 are given below
Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sins. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.-Psalm 51:1-13
Reference Scriptures
Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.-Psalm 27:7...Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.-Psalm 27:9
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.-Psalm 32...I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid, I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.-Psalm 32:5
Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.-Psalm 69:16
For thus saith the LORD, the God of Israel, concerning the houses of this city, and concerning the houses of the kings of Judah, which are thrown down by the mounts, and by the sword;-Jeremiah 33:4...And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.-Jeremiah 33:8
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.-Ezekiel 11:17....And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:-Ezekiel 11:19
Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.-Ezekiel 36:22...Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put with you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.-Ezekiel 36:25-26
And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,-Luke 3:23...Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,-Luke 3:34...Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.-Luke 3:38
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.-1 John 1:9
Click the link below to read more posts in this category: