...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Thursday, February 06, 2020

Questions in Succession

Some of the words spoken by Job when 
Job was in the midst of suffering 
and in the presence of three friends:

My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. I will say unto God, Do not condemn me; shew me wherefore thou contendest with me. Is it good unto thee that thou shouldest oppress, that thou shouldest despise the work of thine hands, and shine upon the counsel of the wicked? Hast thou eyes of flesh? or seest thou as man seeth? Are thy days as the days of man? are thy years as man's days, That thou enquirest after mine iniquity, and searchest after my sin? Thou knowest that I am not wicked; and there is none that can deliver out of thine hand. Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me. Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again?  Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese? Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews. Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit. And these things hast thou hid in thine heart: I know that this is with thee. If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from mine iniquity. If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet will I not lift up my head. I am full of confusion; therefore see thou mine affliction; For it increaseth. Thou huntest me as a fierce lion: and again thou shewest thyself marvellous upon me. Thou renewest thy witnesses against me, and increasest thine indignation upon me; changes and war are against me.  Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me! I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave. Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little, Before I go whence I shall not return, even to the land of darkness and the shadow of death; A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness.
-Job 10:1-22/the complete chapter***In the beginning, on the 6th day, the day before the LORD God rested and was refreshed, the Lord God created man. The Lord God formed the man, Adam, the 1st man, from the dust of the ground. While Adam was in a deep sleep, the Lord God took a part out of Adam and made a woman. Adam named the woman Eve, and Eve was Adam's wife and the mother of all living. When Adam and Eve's descendants Job, Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar were gathered together while Job was in the midst of suffering, Job spoke of his body and the Lord God. Centuries after the Lord God spoke to Job and spoke to Eliphaz, Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, was born. Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, a virgin, and Jesus was born into the tribe of Judah to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin. Judah was the 4th son born to Jacob (Israel) and Leah. Jacob was the youngest fraternal twin son born to Isaac and Rebekah. Isaac was the only child born to Abraham (Abram the Hebrew) and Sarah (Sarai). Abraham and Sarah were born to Terah. Terah was the great-great-great-great-great-grandson of Arphaxad. Arphaxad was born to Shem. Shem was born to Noah the ark builder. Noah was the great-grandson of Enoch. Enoch was the great-great-great-grandson of Seth, and Seth was 1 of the sons born to Adam and Eve.-Genesis, Exodus, 1 Chronicles 1:1-34, 2:1-17, 3:1-24, Job, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts 1:1-26

Reference Information:
visitation = upequdateka = pequddah/paqad = care, oversight 

Click the link below to read more posts in this category:

https://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2020/04/questions-in-succession.html