...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Between Me and You

And Sarah was an hundred and seven and twenty years old: these were the years of the life of Sarah. And Sarah died in Kirjatharba; the same is Hebron in the land of Canaan: and Abraham came to mourn for Sarah, and to weep for her. And Abraham stood up from before his dead, and spake unto the sons of Heth, saying, I am a stranger and a sojourner with you: give me a possession of a buryingplace with you, that I may bury my dead out of my sight. And the children of Heth answered Abraham, saying unto him, Hear us, my lord: thou art a mighty prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead. And Abraham stood up, and bowed himself to the people of the land, even to the children of Heth. And he communed with them, saying, If it be your mind that I should bury my dead out of my sight; hear me, and intreat for me to Ephron the son of Zohar, That he may give me the cave of Machpelah, which he hath, which is in the end of his field, for as much money as it is worth he shall give it me for a possession of a buryingplace among you. And Ephron dwelt among the children of Heth: and Ephron the Hittite answered Abraham in the audience of the children of Heth, even of all that went in at the gate of his city, saying, Nay, my lord, hear me: the field give I thee, and the cave that is therein, I give it thee; in the presence of the sons of my people give I it thee: bury thy dead. And Abraham bowed down himself before the people of the land. And he spake unto Ephron in the audience of the people of the land, saying, But if thou wilt give it, I pray thee, hear me: I will give thee money for the field; take it of me, and I will bury my dead there. And Ephron answered Abraham, saying unto him, My lord, hearken unto me: the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver; what is that betwixt me and thee? bury therefore thy dead. And Abraham hearkened unto Ephron; and Abraham weighed to Ephron the silver, which he had named in the audience of the sons of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, current money with the merchant.-Genesis 23:1-16***Abraham (Abram the Hebrew) and his wife Sarah (Sarai) were descendants of Shem. Ephron the Hittite was a descendant of Shem's brother Ham. Shem and Ham were the sons of Noah the ark builder. Before and after the Lord God promised to give the land of Canaan to Abraham, and to Abraham and Sarah's son Isaac, and to Isaac's youngest fraternal twin son Jacob (Israel), and to their descendants, the Hittites and other idolatrous groups were living throughout Canaan. After Sarah died, Abraham bought a cave and its adjoining property from a Hittite to bury Sarah. After 175-year-old Abraham died, Isaac and his older half brother Ishmael buried Abraham's body in the cave. After 180-year-old Isaac died, Jacob and his older fraternal twin brother Esau (Edom) buried Isaac's body in the cave. Joseph was the 1st son born to Jacob and his 2nd wife Rachel. Sometime before 147-year-old Jacob died in Egypt, he made Joseph vow to bury his body in the cave. Moreover, mentioned that the body of his mother Rebekah, Isaac's wife, and the body of Rachel's older sister Leah, Jacob's 1st wife, were buried in the cave. Over 1,800 years after 110-year-old Joseph made the Israelites vow to take his bones with them to Canaan, the Promised Land, Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, was born. Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, a virgin, and Jesus was born into the tribe of Jacob and Leah's 4th born son Judah to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin.-Genesis, Exodus, Numbers 20:1-29, 27:12-23, Deuteronomy 31:1-30, 32:44-52, 34:1-12, Joshua 1:1-4:24, 1 Chronicles 1:1-2:17, 3:1-24, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts 1:1-26
                                        
Click the link below to read more posts in this category:

http://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2017/01/between-me-and-you-and-them.html