...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Grateful Living

Psalm 30

I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me. O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit. Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness. For his anger endureth  but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled. I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper. Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing; thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.-Psalm 30:1-12/the complete psalm***Centuries before Isaiah the prophet proclaimed the words of the Lord God to the Israelites, and called for the rulers in Judah, the southern nation in the Promised Land, to come and reason with the Lord God, at least 3 Israelites humbly reasoned with the Lord God. Aaron and his younger brother Moses were Israelites from the tribe of Levi, descended from Abraham (Abram the Hebrew) and Sarah (Sarai), Isaac and Rebekah, Jacob (Israel) and Leah, and Jacob and Leah's 3rd born son Levi. Moses and Aaron reasoned with the Lord God while in the region of Mount Sinai in the desert wilderness of Sinai, months after leading the Israelites away from Egyptian slavery. After Moses spent 40 days and nights with the Lord God upon Mount Sinai, receiving commands and being shown likenesses for items to be made, the Lord God gave Moses 2 stone tablets whereupon were written, with the finger of God, the Ten Commandments. Meanwhile, the Israelites began worshiping a golden calf built by Aaron. The Lord God wanted to destroy the Israelites and make a great nation of Moses. Moses reasoned with the Lord God and reminded the Lord God of the promises made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. At least 1 year later, 10 of the spies Moses sent on a mission to the Promised Land returned with a frightening report. The Israelites wanted to return to Egypt and also cast deadly stones. The Lord God wanted to destroy the Israelites and make a nation of Moses. However, Moses reasoned with the Lord God and reminded the Lord God of the thoughts the Egyptians and people from other nations would have if the Israelites were destroyed. Sometime thereafter, Korah and some of his fellow Israelites rebelled, and the Lord God wanted to destroy the Israelites. Moses and Aaron reasoned with the Lord God, mentioning the injustice of destroying all of the Israelites due to the actions of some of the Israelites. Abraham used similar words when he reasoned with the Lord God before the Lord God destroyed Sodom, Gomorrah and the surrounding cities and region. David was an Israelite from the tribe of Jacob and Leah's 4th born son Judah. Over a decade after David was born, Samuel the priest, prophet and judge from the tribe of Levi anointed David to reign as king over the Israelites in the Promised Land, according to the command of the Lord God. When David was 30 years old, he began to reign only over the tribe of Judah. When David was 37 1/2 years old, he became the 2nd king to reign over all of the Israelites. In psalms that David was divinely inspired to write, David described praising and worshiping the Lord God and reasoning with the Lord God. Over 900 years after Solomon, the 2nd son born to David and Bathsheba, became the 3rd king to reign over all of the Israelites, Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, was born. Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, a virgin, and Jesus was born into the tribe of Judah to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin.-Genesis 11:26-50:26, Exodus, Numbers 10:1-16:50, 20:1-29, 27:12-23, Deuteronomy 1:1-46, 9:1-10:22, 31:1-30, 32:44-52, 34:1-12, Joshua 1:1-4:24, 23:1-24:33, Judges 1:1-2:23, 1 Samuel 1:1-3:21, 8:1-31:13, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings 1:1-11:43, 1 Chronicles 1:1-34, 2:1-17, 3:1-24, 10:1-29:30, 2 Chronicles 1:1-9:31, Psalm 6, Isaiah 1:1-31, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts 1:1-26

Click the link below to read more posts in this category:

http://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2016/08/grateful-living.html