...................................................................LET US LEARN TOGETHER WHAT IS GOOD. Job 34:4b(NIV)................................................................Some people see the Bible as a long and boring book filled with incidents and events from the lives of ancient people who probably never existed. The biblical stories are seen as fables. In this blog, many of the situations and conversations found in the divinely inspired Holy Scriptures have been placed in categories that correspond to expressive sayings and phrases. Reference information, background information and links connecting the people and places are given to help you find a place to begin reading the Bible for yourself.

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Why, Lord, Why

Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him. Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards. Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake. Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.-John 13:31-38***Simon Peter was one of the twelve disciples who remained with Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, when other disciples stopped following Jesus. Approximately 30 years before Simon Peter and the other disciples began following Jesus, Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of Mary, a virgin, and Jesus was born into the tribe of Judah to Mary and her husband Joseph when Mary was a virgin. On the 8th day after Jesus was born, Jesus was circumcised. Approximately 30 years after Jesus was born, Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River by Mary's relative John the Baptist. The Holy Spirit descended as a dove and lit upon Jesus, and the Lord God in heaven audibly acknowledged his Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert wilderness. For 40 days Jesus fasted and was tempted. Afterwards, Jesus was tended to by angels, and Jesus went to the area near John the Baptist, and John the Baptist proclaimed Jesus to be the Lamb of God taking away the sin of the world. In Galilee, Jesus told specific Israelite men, including Simon Peter, to follow him, and Jesus began to preach, teach and perform miracles among the Israelites, the treasured and chosen people of the Lord God. Jesus told his twelve disciples that he would undergo suffering and be killed and be raised from the dead. Less than 3 1/2 years after Jesus was baptized, Jesus was betrayed by Judas Iscariot, one of the twelve disciples and apostles. Shortly before Jesus was arrested, Jesus spoke to Simon Peter of future denials. When Simon Peter was accused the first time of being with Jesus, Simon Peter made a claims of denial. After the second accusation, Simon Peter denied with an oath that he knew Jesus. When a nearby group heard Simon Peter speak and another accusation was made, Simon Peter called curses upon himself and swore in denial. Afterwards, Simon Peter heard the crow of a rooster and saw Jesus look at him, and Simon Peter went outside and cried.-Genesis 11:26-35:29, 1 Chronicles 1:1-34, 2:1-17, 3:1-24, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts 1:1-26

Reference Scriptures:
When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?-Matthew 16:13

Then said Jesus unto them, Yet a little while am I with you, and then I go unto him that sent me.-John 7:33

Click the link below to read more posts in this category:

http://biblecategorizer.blogspot.com/2015/10/why-lord-why.html